Men, are you thankful today just because it Thanksgiving day? Even though today is a day when North America comes together and celebrates the landing of the pilgrims, the help from the indians, and the first big meal between the two cultures, I think that every day should be one of thanksgiving.
Why can I say that I am thankful every day? Well, let’s start a list and see.
- I slept in a warm bed.
- I was not rained on last night while I slept.
- I slept in a warm house.
- I woke up!
- I awoke next my wife of 14 1/2 years.
- I could see, feel, and smell my surroundings.
- I got up and found indoor plumbing.
- I was able to pick from several clothes on what I should wear.
- I had the option of eggs and toast, oatmeal, or a THM (Trim Healthy Mama) shake for breakfast this morning.
- I have running water.
- I have hot running water.
- I have plates and utensils to eat with.
You see what I mean? This is a daily occurrence and not something that only happens on the last Thursday of November.
Guys, have you given thanks to God above for just those simple things that happen and you don’t even notice? Have you thanked Him for your wife, kids, and family? Today you will spend time with these people and eat more than you should. Sometime today, stop and look around you at what all God has blessed you with. I bet at that moment, you too will say “I am thankful”
Till next time,
I’m just a Husband Of A HomeSchooling Mom,