Alright guys, if your wife has been doing the Trim Healthy Mama eating program, your probably having some bread withdrawals. Especially when it comes to some Italian Delights (just use Dreamfields pasta and you can still have them). Well here I am to give you something that you must try. Trust me, I am almost a professional at this.
- 1 1/4 C almond flour
- 1 T coconut flour
- 3 egg whites beaten until fluffy
- 2 T olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 C warm water
- 1 tsp. active dry yeast granules
- 1 tsp. truvia
- 1/2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine almond and coconut flour, salt, baking powder, garlic powder and xanthan gum. Stir well.
- 3. In a small cup or bowl, combine warm water and sugar and stir until dissolved, then add yeast. Set aside for a few moments.
- 4. To the flour mixture, add olive oil and yeast-water mixture and stir well with a rubber spatula. Add in beaten eggs and continue to mix.
- 5. Add in the 1/2 C mozzarella shreds and mix gently with your spatula until a nice dough is formed and cheese is mixed well throughout.
- 6. Grease a 9×9 square cake pan or large cookie sheet. Put batter into cake pan or cookie sheet. If you’re free-forming on a cookie sheet, loosely form the dough into a rectangle or square.
- 7. Bake at 400 degrees for approx. 15-17 minutes or until the sides of the crust turn golden brown. Remove and top.
- 8. In a tiny bowl, combine butter, garlic powder and salt. Mix well, then brush over the top of the garlic bread base. Be sure to get the butter over every inch!
- 9. Top the bread with shredded mozzarella cheese, then sprinkle that with Italian seasoning.
- 10. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. For final 3 minutes, turn broiler on to brown the cheese.
- 11. Remove from oven and let bread stand for 5-10 minutes before serving (if you can wait that long).
- Nutrition (per 1/10th of recipe): 175 calories, 4 g carbs, 2 g fiber (2 g net carbs), 16 g fat, 8 g protein